Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Saving Money for College (For FREE!!)

If you're like me, college for my kids seems like it is a long way off....but if you're like my husband, he was thinking about saving for college BEFORE the girls were even born. We think totally differently, so we make a good team. :)

With a UPromise card, you can earn money for your child's 529 (college savings account) for FREE. You can apply for a credit card, but Dave Ramsey wouldn't approve. (In my opinion, if you can use credit cards WITHOUT spending more than you would with cash and can/do pay them off every month, I think they can work...however, if you can't do that, then they won't save you any money!) OR you can pick up a UPromise card (for FREE) at HyVee's Customer Service counter and use it as a store loyalty card. Select coupons from UPromise's website, and when/if you buy that product, the money is saved for your child's college account. I usually select all of the coupons and scan it every time I shop at HyVee. Sometimes I end up using the selected coupons, other times I do not. I'm not out anything either way. Plus, you can pair those coupons with any manufacturer's and store coupons. :)
Hope you enjoy this, and it works for you! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment