Monday, June 6, 2011

Coupon Organization

So now you have bunches of coupons printed out, cut out...NOW WHAT?
I tried many ways of organizing my coupons before I found a system that worked for me. I'm still tweaking my organization system, but I'll share mine with you if you're interested.

I use a 3 ring binder for my coupons split into sections.
I cut out the coupons that I think I might use (food coupons, health & beauty, diapers, baby, etc), and I file them into baseball card pages in the sections of my binder.
I place a couple of envelopes (letter size) in the front of my binder.
My binder comes into the store with me.  I pull out coupons that I am using for that purchase, stick them in the envelope and not have to worry about digging for coupons at the cash register. I also then have my coupons if there are unadvertised sales. (Yes, it's happened numerous times!)

I also 3 whole bunch large coupons (i.e. Bed, Bath & Beyond; Kohls, etc.) and just stick them in the binder. I leave my binder by the door, so I can take it when I go out. That way I know I have all of my coupons with me. :)




Extra Coupons:
Any coupons from the Sunday paper that I don't think I'll use, but think there might be a GREAT (free or money maker) sale, I leave in the circular (no cutting, no mess), date the ad, and file in a box downstairs.
You can just check the blog with to see if there's any past coupons to make the sale FREE or a money maker!!! :)

Do you have a coupon organization system that works for you? If you would be willing to share, please leave a comment. :)

1 comment:

  1. I bought an expandable, alphabetical file for my coupons and took it to the store with me. That was back when I was a stay at home mom and then a single mom on a tight budget. I don't coupon as much as I did in those days. It worked for me though.

    ReplyDelete